Thursday, December 09, 2004

"but some days I sit and wish....."

daaaaam

All I can say is, today was one of those "I earned my paycheck" days. No joke. It was stress all day...

Really though.....Recently I have been kind of asking God--- why is working with kids (listening to them, mediating, managing, organizing, supervising) one of my gifts/skills? Sometimes I wish I was good at something else :-P
But I prayed about it....becasue it got kind of intense for me today...coming back from work I just feel spent, I feel like I have no emotional energy left, like I am just an authoritarian...like I have failed in loving them as much as i could have. I prayed, and started to cry, just from the sheer relief and weight of the day washing over me.

And God spoke. he said,

"Jacob, you DO love those kids! You care about them and the details of their lives more than many others. I have given these gifts to you. I am teaching you while you are at work and in your neighborhood, relating to kids and youth. Your gift are an expression of my love in the world. Do not be afraid...."

word up
tomorrow, another day

No comments:

Post a Comment