Thursday, February 24, 2005

worship, Tupac, pizza and throwing ice

Last night was the end of the month NWN youth worship and fellowship time. It went really well, and we all had a lot of fun at round table after.
On the ride home, as Sara and I drag raced with our cars full of youth down Fair Oaks, the girls in Michelle's van rolled up and threw ice into our passenger side window. The rest of the ride home was a frenzied "ice war" with half melted chips of ice flying across the lanes and into open windows.....

After a while, I put an end to that. But i have to admit, it was fun.

Thinking back on the last time we all had a fellowship time at Round Table, I am so grateful for all God has done and shown me in the neighborhood this last 6 months. I often lament that I have not done enough or taken enough initiative--things i need to work on, but i am beginning to feel more a part of the community, more a part of these boys' lives. When we are all together like last night, it makes me feel like i wish that this could be a full time job.....

i will defenitely try to post up more of my thoughts on this....

one of the best things about last night was talking with Josue, a 6th grader from across the street. This was his first NWN event outside of bible club, and he really liked it. As I talked to him, i was thinking "I would love to mentor this kid" I can see a lot of potential in him since i first met him last month. Him and his brother Victor and Marcos from down the block are the guys that i want to become more involved with.

1 comment: