Sunday, February 20, 2005

travels

Friday night I was in Claremont babysitting

Saturday, I drove to Alhambra and Montebello

Today, I went to Griffith Park at 10 am, and hiked from the entrance up to the top of a large hill overlooking the golf course and a view of the whole city. This is truly a hidden treasure in the heart of the city. It was so peaceful and beautiful up there, and my time was well spent.
After that, I came down and drove down to Melrose Ave. in Hollywood, where my time (and money) was not as well spent.
I was captivated by all the trendy, chic, hipster shops that line the street, and I was hypnotized into consumerism. I bought 2 t shirts and a beanie. Which were all pretty expensive.
I am still disappointed in myself. I realize that materialism is one of my weaknesses. I dont need a lot of things, but i often really crave a few things that will present an image to the world around me that i put a lot of my identity into.
Not good, Jacob

I concluded that I need to stop going to places where I know I will be tempted by image, consumerism and 'coolness'
I want to spend my money wisely, and when I am by myself in places like Hollywood, Echo Park, Silverlake.....I am not apt to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment