Monday, February 28, 2005

I have learned that I can get up in the morning and drive to work and expect to invest myself in the same challenging work every day-- and i can do it with joy. I can do my work and serve my students as if unto the Lord. This is what i needed to know, as the weeks go by. I can rejoice that the work i am doing will come to an end when its season is over, that there will be others to fill my role, that the kids i am invested in will grow even more when I am gone, and that the structures i leave will recieve no less attention from God.

My prayer is that God would take what belongs to him. That he would take my work, my efforts, my time. That he would take (re-claim) the lives of his children in South Central, NW Pas, SE Pas.....Re-claim what has been taken by a lying and abusive world.
If God is God, then he will take what is his. And if he is going to do that, then I dont have reason to worry.

There is much i want to do in ministry, in community. But there is also much I am not ready for. Waiting is a spritual discipline, a holy act....I will find something new of the Lord in it.

God will build an everlasting kingdom on the foundation of poverty. Poverty and emptiness.....longing and mourning. Praise God, becasue really, this is all we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment