Saturday, January 01, 2005

enter my 36 chambers

much has happened. Peep the script while i break it down like an enzyme:

-A huge redemption occurred on Wednesday, when I went to lunch with Celestyna. She was one of my closest friends during high school and after, and the last girlfriend I had. Summer of 2002 we parted ways for various reasons, and I never thought I'd see her again. She called me this last summer, and we began talking again. To see her last week was a huge healing and blessing. God has been good.

-I dipped back into the Lab, DJ Scooter's lair, where the walls are filled with records, and the 2 turntables take center stage. We spent all Tuesday night producing some dope beats using the tables, the PSC sampler and some effects software. It was just like old times.

-I have been reading Jumhra Lahiri's "Interpreter of Maladies" the first fiction I have read in a long time. It has inspired me to write more.

-I spent New Years Eve at the wedding of my mom's sister's husband's sister. It was a short, nice wedding in the La Posada hotel in downtown Albq. The dinnner and reception were nice, cuz i was able to see my aunt, uncle and cousins. I am always amazed to see how my cousins have grown since I've last seen them. My cousin Erin will be taking the exam to get into the same private middle/high school that I went to.

-I saw "The Aviator" "Flight of the Phoenix" "Meet the Fokkers" and "The Incredibles" The Fokkers was funny as hell, but The Incredibles was my favorite movie. I still want to see The Motorcycle Diaries and A Very Long Engagement.

-I had a nice dinner with the Gallegos family, a family who I have been friends with since high school, though MEChA and other student groups. They have been a very important source of support and linkage to my New Mexican culture and my interest in education over the last 5-6 years.

-i have spent most of my time with my brother Joe, who is definitely a 14 year old adolescent at this point. It has been a fun and challenging ride. One of my goals this semester is to stay up on how his life is going.

-Watched the Emerald Bowl, in which New Mexico lost to Navy. It was cool to have almost all my mom's side of the family at my uncle Larry's house cheering on the Lobos on ESPN. My grandpa shows up with a UNM cap and a Navy sweatshirt. Die hard Lobo fan, but he was in the Navy in WWII. Like a gangster, he dont give a uff.

No comments:

Post a Comment