Tuesday, November 23, 2004

props to the guys for the conversation last night. It has been a while since I had a good, substantive conversation about race. It was so important that we had that conversation. I find that there is a lot I need to learn (and un-learn) about the way I percieve other people and myself in the context of race and class. I am grateful for a context in which I can be blessed by a group of men who want to learn from each other, teach each other, offer and recieve wisdom, humbly serve and understand and move into deeper, more interdepended reconciled relationships.
the conversation was the latest of many recent siginificant moments in my thinking about race and my own identity. Recently, I have been considering the meaning of my ethnic/cultural identity in light of the Gospel and Gods action in my life. The insights I have gained have pointed toward what I think are clearer paths of healing for me. I will write more in detail about what i have been thinking of in my next post. stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment