Monday, November 29, 2004

live fast, breathe slow

holler

i havent updated this piece in a minute. its been thanksgiving weekend. I am grateful for the time i had with my new family here in 'Dena and LA. Thanksgiving dinner was really nice, a beautiful day with some people that i have really come to see as family. Then another highlight was ±Reza;s birthday party-- the karaoke was in full effect.....it is a healing and soothing thing to just sing with no shame into an amped mic in front of a lot of friends. i was pretty proud of my self for the cooking i did. It was raining all that day, and i drove to the HK market in Glendale to get the ingredients for Duk Bok Ki-- a Korean dish i learned how to make this summer. i came home, and got to cooking......the kitchen turns into chaos. i really am not good at thinking ahead when i cook, interms of measurement, preparation, etc. so while the ground beef is rapidly getting dark, i was scrambling to chop and mash the garlic (which i did not even have the tools for, so i had to use the butt fo a butter knife and my hand) ayway, i cooked up a fat ass batch of it, and took it over to Reza's, and i was happy. another fun thing about that night was bringing some of the youthseses from our neighborhood over.....we started an all out wrestling match, in which i was picked up, all 160 lbs of me, by a 14 year old. i also got scissor locked by one of them, and almost got suffocated. i have a lot to learn
after more karaoke, Reza's brother got us into a trance club in Los Feliz for free. that was a new experience, but also very freeing. we all felt like we could just let it loose on the dance floor, more that you can at a hip hop club. it was breezy

overall, it was a cool night, a lot of fun.

the weekend was good for me. i needed a break from my jobs. i needed solitude and fun with peers. i needed time at home with my roommate. and to go to PCOG, and to talk to my brother before he leaves, and to spend a day in Borders. i needed to get words from God about some things i my life. last night i stopped the car on an overlook point just past the Rose Bowl, looking over the valley and mountains north of pasadena. I poured it all out to God, and for the first time in a long time, i felt like I heard from him, and i was comforted.

recently, i have been looking for jobs again. i have applied for a few education jobs in pasadena. really, i am looking for anything full time, becasue my current jobs will end with the school year in June

When i was in Borders, i came up on some interesting books. one was called "Blue Dreams" and it was about Korean-American/African American relations before during and after the LA riots of 92. I also got a chance to look at some grafitti mags, which always takes me back, and wish i had continued with that form of artistic expression.


No comments:

Post a Comment