Monday, November 22, 2004

life as a shorty shouldnt be so rough

man
i was flossin in my two-door Hyundai
It was early in the morning on a Sunday,
I was going down the one-way

in the rain and dark, i took the sharp turn from the 10 eastbound to the 110 northbound. i lost control and started spinning around, slammed over the curb and popped my tire. i pulled over, cussing, anticipating the worst. i got out, and saw green fluid leaking out rapidly. i set to work changing my tire...which took a good hour becasue the bolts were on so tight.....i drove slowly, blindly and lop-sided through downtown, Chinatown and finally ended up in south pas. got home at 3 30 am. All day Sunday i was stressing aboout insurance, paying for repairs, tires, getting to work on time the next day and all of that...

today my back and shoulders are sore, i think becasue of stress.

Today at work, I learned a little bit more about how to resolve conflict among 2nd graders, and mold little people's character in positive ways. I observed the teacher i work for, Ms. Moore ( a teacher of 27 years, and a really good one) work some quality reconciliation between two girls who are 'best friends' but cant seem to stop hurting each other's feelings. I respect that so much, and I cherish the opportunity to learn from teachers who love their students and communities like those at the Accelerated School do.
on another note, right across the street from TAS, on Main and MLK Blvd., I have found bar-none the best taco spot I have yet been to. What makes it good is that they hand-make the tortillas right there***** they're all nice and fluffy and isht. And the meat is fresher than a moist towelette. Word to Big Bird.



No comments:

Post a Comment