Wednesday, November 24, 2004

feet dont fail me now

i realize that my blog posts have been more toward the intense side. I am grateful that peopel have still been reading, though. i dont often have the patience to sit and read through my own friend's writing.

i am thinking of re-posting the little semi-devotional i wrote the other day--with all the successive posts i've been making i'm afraid things are getting lost in the struggle.

last night after Melinda's party and prayer with peeps about my brother and the war and hope, i went to spend the night at the guy's house on 65th street. It was a great opportunity to illuminate to them the philosophical underpinnings of 'your mom' jokes (i.e. the Universal/Platonic Ideal MOM vs. the particular, individual mother.)
Woke up at 6:30 and had a good breakfast with Jeremy before I drove to TAS. We had a staff meeting in the morning, where all of us instructinoal aides talked about supervision problems ont he playground and our roles in the clasroom. I really respect the people I work with. Most are from the neighborhood, and most are looking toward beign teachers.

Sometimes I see myself gettign a little bit mean with the kids....strict to the point where i catch myself, and have to remember that my own belief system about behavior management takes a lot of effort to put into practice. if i do not put effort into it, I will default to being rigid and authoritarian when faced with kids who are constantly making (and learning not to make) poor choices.
I've been learnign a lot about childhood behavior management these days.....

no Walden School today!! I am happy about that. It is a hard place to me, after coming from TAS....I'll explain about that later
peace

No comments:

Post a Comment