Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Endings and Beginnings

Today marked the end of a season in my life. It was the last day of school at TAS. We went on an all-day beach field trip, where we (the teachers, some parents and our kids) got to just have fun in the ocean.
It was one of the funnest times i have had in a long time. Such a good end to a long, rich, fruitful year.

The emotions and thoughts that were going through me as i left that campus were many, and overwhelming. My year there has been so much for me-- learning, challenge, truth, failure, insecurity, joy, vision, affirmation, confirmation.....I have a deep love and gratitude for that place and what it represents for South Central LA.

I pray that God would look down and have mercy
I pray that TAS students would be the leaders who turn LA upside down.
I pray for repentance and that teachers' and families' lives would move toward the kingdom.

I thank God for many reasons, but one of the major ones is that in a very real way, when i walked into my first day back at the beginning of October, God had prepared TAS as a place where I would be prepared to lead the NWN summer program. i am absolutely sure that if i had not worked at TAS, i would not be ready to take on this task in the next season of my life.

So, the summer begins for me. A new job, a new place to be each day, new relationships, new study (gifts, and Acts) and new need to trust God (for the fall and beyond, job-wise)

thank you friends for walking along side me.

1 comment:

  1. Jacob-
    Praise God for all He has shown you! I am thankful for your contribution to the people who God has placed along your path.

    Is your TAS the same one that has the HS at CSULA?

    ReplyDelete