Tuesday, May 17, 2005

three t-shirts (scroll down)

holler. its been a while since i last posted. things have been very busy for me. Every time I get the opportunity to blog, i start trying to think of somethind that will be deep and impactful. but then i give up becasue i realize that those things just have to come in their time. (eventually the next music review will come out, i've just come up on a cache of hot new music via my brother in Albq.)

anyway, here is something superficial but i really want to share it. I was asked about my 'guilty pleasures' Well, hip hop clothing and t-shirts is one of them. I love, LOVE conscious, artistic t shirts that display images and words from classic and underground hip hop culture.

here are a few key spots in the LA area
The Globe in Pomona- probably the best hip hop shop i have seen out here, thorough in its underground, electro, reggae, clothing, graffitti and b-boy merchadise

El Mercado

Imix Bookstore in Eagle Rock Home of Divine Forces Radio on 90.7 KPFK, and a center of Indigenous/Chicano politics, education and spirituality.

Workmens Outlet- one in Hollywood and one in Montebello. Dope.

Basically anything made by Exact Science ClothingI cant even describe how much i love this stuff.

Anyway, here is a sample of what you can get me for my next birthday:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info, Jacob! Those are pretty styling T-shirts. I bet they fold well, too.

    Now, are you going to answer the OTHER question in your next post? =) Inquiring minds want to know...

    ReplyDelete