Tuesday, April 19, 2005

On thursday, Richard Riordan, former mayor of LA and current head of the state dept. of education will be speaking at TAS. Also, Ah-Nold, the GOVERNATOR, might also make an appearance. Our class was invited by the schools founder to be shining, smiling faces for all the politicians, wealthy philanthropists, CEOs and big wigs that will be accumulated in our school gym for the grand opening celebrations.

I must say, the campus is beautiful, and pretty impessive in terms of what it offers students. I wouldnt care that much about the appearance, but i believe that it is symbolic of what is actually offered to TAS students: some of the best and most committed teachers, mentors, coaches, counselors in any school district.

I think there is reason to celebrate this weekend.

----

I had dinner with Tina, Betsy and the Jr. High girls bible study tonight. It was fun to eat outside, and talk a bit. Then they got in a waterfight and i bounced.


2 comments:

  1. I like the 2nd one especially. Hope the TAS weekend celebration is really good~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the art, too, Jake. It was great hanging with you last night, and I hope the girls didn't scare you off from attending future Tuesday night dinners. Betsy and I learned a valuable lesson last night: serve the dessert AFTER Bible Study.

    ReplyDelete